Updated: Apr 4, 2022
The art of manifestation has become the rage over the past several years accrediting its boost in popularity to ‘The Secret’. Like with everything in the new age industry, every few years a new technique surfaces when in actuality it has been around for centuries, usually originating from the Eastern world.
At the moment, everyone is trying to capture some of their very own magic by conjuring their desires just by simply declaring it as their own. Some people saw success. Others didn’t. I believe the cause of the gap in experiences came down to the missing ingredient in one’s practice- surrendering. This is often not discussed, it’s looked over, not even giving a thought. Why do we skip over such a crucial part of the process, you may ask? Well, my theory is that we are a society programmed to control and obsess over our desires so the act of surrendering is not something that people are falling over themselves to do. But since you’re here, I’m going to share this secret step that will elevate your manifestation practice helping you to manifest easier and faster.
You can watch the video or read the written version below.
What is Surrendering?
Let’s first discuss what is surrendering. In a spiritual context, it can signify the act of trust and not investing anymore time into something. In real-world examples, this could be surrendering during war or admitting that you’re wrong during an argument so you can move on from the issue. Surrendering is an essential part of the manifestation process because it is your way of declaring that you trust the Universe in bringing your vision into fruition. Think of obsessing over the when and how of your manifestation as micro-managing the Universe. Yes, it’s as ridiculous as it sounds. Imagine yourself hanging over the Universe’s shoulder critiquing how things will fall into place. That would be absurd! When we step back after declaring our desires as our own, we allow the Universe to do its work on its own time.
· All will happen in divine timing.
· Expect the unexpected from the Universe. The way you imagine it happen, will most likely not happen that way. Let it go.
· Not surrendering causes delays. The more you control, the less your manifestations will work in your favor.
How to Surrender
Surrendering is a practice that must be learned as it is rarely something that people naturally know how to do. There are a few keys ways to help you in this case.
- Use affirmations on a daily basis. After you have declared what is yours, the active part of the manifestation process now is to surrender. The best way to do this is to use affirmations throughout your day to remind you of your intention. Some affirmation ideas: “what is mine will never pass me by,” “I let go of control,” and “I trust the Universe.’
- Stop yourself every time you question it. As I mentioned, surrendering is a practice so it’s normal to slip up and begin to doubt your manifestations. But whenever you do, it’s important to stop yourself from slipping into deeper doubt. A great way to stop yourself is to have awareness of that moment then use affirmations to direct your intention.
- Remind yourself that the universe has to do its work. We all hate micro-managing bosses so remind yourself to let the Universe do the magic. They already heard your prayers. And your desires are going to come exactly when they are meant to.
Manifestation is a wonderful tool to use to create the life that you desire. But when not used properly, it inflicts avoidable disappointment. If you have been struggling to manifest, add surrendering to your practice and see the difference.
If you are looking for a guide to help you during this journey, I am here to help. The best place to get started is by downloading my free guide called “the 5 Stages of Unlocking Your Higher Purpose.” This no-commitment guide will give you a rundown of what a spiritual awakening looks like and give you actionable advice for your next step. Download here now.